Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Aleksandar Vidakovic <ch...@monkeysintown.com> on 2022/02/19 22:06:35 UTC

Liquibase has landed...

Hi everyone,

... just wanted to let everyone know that we have new database migration
mechanics in place... thanks to Arnold Galovics who took on the task and
got us one step closer to database independence (at least MySQL and
PostgreSQL).

Liquibase migrations will work seamlessly for all upgrades starting future
release 1.7.0 and higher. Everyone who's using older Fineract versions is
advised to first upgrade to - upcoming - version 1.6.0 (which is still
based on Flyway) and later upgrade to release 1.7.x (with Liquibase).

Thanks again Arnold for this contribution.

Cheers,

Aleks

Re: Liquibase has landed...

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Thanks Arnold for getting this valuable enhancement into the upstream
codebase. Thank you Aleks for coordinating the release and ensuring the
team could make a smooth upstream contribution.

Community, stay tuned for valuable enhancements that are forthcoming which
will help Fineract support new volumes of scale and throughput that will
power much of the API-driven, digital first financial services innovation
that so many in the community are working on.

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative

Re: Liquibase has landed...