Posted to announce@apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2016/07/15 06:28:26 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons BCEL 6.0 released!

The Apache Commons community is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Commons BCEL 6.0.

The Byte Code Engineering Library (Apache Commons BCEL) is intended to give
users a convenient way to analyze, create, and manipulate (binary) Java
class files (those ending with .class). Classes are represented by objects
which contain all the symbolic information of the given class: methods,
fields and byte code instructions, in particular.

The most important changes in this release include:
- Support for Java 6, Java 7 & Java 8
- Updated Java requirement to Java 7
- Dropped serialization support from all classes

Details of changes since 5.2 are in the release notes:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/commons/bcel/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

The release artifacts can be downloaded from the Apache Commons BCEL
website:
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-bcel/download_bcel.cgi

Alternatively the release can be pulled via maven:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.bcel</groupId>
  <artifactId>bcel</artifactId>
  <version>6.0</version>
</dependency>

For information about how to use Apache Commons BCEL, report bugs or
contribute to the project, please visit the website:
    http://commons.apache.org/bcel

Thank you!
Benedikt Ritter, on behalf of the Apache Commons Community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons BCEL 6.0 released!

Posted by Andrey Loskutov <lo...@gmx.de>.
Great news!
Thanks Benedikt & everyone helped this release to appear after so long period of silence!

Kind regards,
Andrey Loskutov

http://google.com/+AndreyLoskutov

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Oh crap, I forgot to finalize the website and now I'm on vacation till
monday. Can someone jump in and publish the 6.0 JavaDocs? If not this will
have to wait until Monday.

Sorry!
Benedikt

Russell Sherk <Ru...@roguewave.com> schrieb am Fr., 15. Juli 2016