Posted to general@attic.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2016/01/14 05:40:37 UTC

Pondering: Informing announce@ of retirement earlier

Rather than waiting until all retirement tasks are done and then removing a
project; I'm wondering if we should do that much earlier so it's always
relevant (i.e. not long after the board update committers@ with minutes).

Otherwise cleaning something or other up with a project gets delayed and
the announcement is very late.

Any thoughts?

Re: Pondering: Informing announce@ of retirement earlier

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@gmail.com>.
With the principle of least surprise in mind, I would be OK with sending the announcement much earlier as long as at least the website has been updated and a note has been added to the repository.
We probably don't want users to read an announcement about retirement and not find the information in the project website. The remaining parts of the process shouldn't block the announcement.

Sent from Outlook Mobile