Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Umhang Juerg, IT2" <um...@post.ch> on 2002/03/05 12:46:37 UTC

Apache-AuthenNTLM-0.14 for ssl VirtualHost

hi
we are using AuthenNTLM from G. Richter to authenticate our intranet users
... works fine for http-server.
unfortunately it doesnt work with ssl aware virtual hosts.
Server Version: Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) mod_perl/1.26 mod_ssl/2.8.7
OpenSSL/0.9.6c

client hangs :-(
last entries in error.log
AuthenNTLM: nonce=0Dv"g'î
AuthenNTLM: Send header: NTLM
TlRMTVNTUAACAAAAAAAAACgAAAABggAAMER2ImcPke4AAAAAAAAAAA==

httpd.conf
    <Directory /webdata/apache/server-443/>
        PerlSetVar defaultdomain YYYY
        PerlSetVar basicauthoritative on
        PerlSetVar ntlmdebug 1
        PerlAddVar ntdomain "YYYY pppppp bbbbbb"
        PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthenNTLM
        AuthName "Private Domain"
        AuthType ntlm,basic
#
        require user YYYY\xxxxx
    </Directory>

something wrong with our config? works somewhere with ssl servers ?
kind regards
juerg umhang

       o |
      /\_| Juerg Umhang                    Webergutstrasse 12
     /   | Informatik Post                 CH-3030 Bern
    /\   | IT2 IE-NAS                      Switzerland
   /_/_  |                                 Tel: ++41 31 338 1473

Re: Apache-AuthenNTLM-0.14 for ssl VirtualHost

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

NTLM needs KeepAlives turned on, because the handshake must take place on
the same connection, I guess you have turned KeepAlive off for your ssl
connection

Gerald