Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by edel claire ryder <ec...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/28 15:26:00 UTC

installation question

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem.

I have just installed cocoon and when I try to access
http://localhost:8080/cocoon, I get the following error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------type
internal-server-error

message org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The output format must
have a '{http://xml.apache.org/xalan}content-handler' property!

description java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The output format must have a
'{http://xml.apache.org/xalan}content-handler' property!

source Cocoon servlet

exception

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException:
The output format must have a '{http://xml.apache.org/xalan}content-handler'
property!

request-uri

/cocoon/

path-info

stacktrace

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException:
The output format must have a '{http://xml.apache.org/xalan}content-handler'
property!
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3407)
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java:433)
	at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.endDocument(XMLFilterImpl.java:518)
	at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.endDocument(XMLFilterImpl.java:518)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.endEntity(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.endEntity(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$EntityScanner.load(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$EntityScanner.skipSpaces(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$TrailingMiscDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
	at
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:371)
	at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:371)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.LogicsheetCodeGenerator.generateCode(LogicsheetCodeGenerator.java:130)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.generateCode(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:275)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generateResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:309)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:271)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:188)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:208)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

I have Tomcat 1.4.18 installed and jdk1.4.1
I created the 'endorsed' directory under %JAVA_HOME%/jre/lib and copied the
latest stable versions of the xerces and xalan jars to this directory.

Any ideas ?

Any help would be really appreciated.  Thanks,

--edel.

.

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 3 months FREE*.
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_eliminateviruses_3mf

Re: installation question

Posted by Jim Whetstone <ja...@mindspring.com>.
I installed Tomcat 4.1.18 with Cocoon 2.0.4 and followed the installation
instructions pertaining to integration with Tomcat 4.0.3 and got it to work.

Cheers,
JW

Re: installation question

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Even if you copied some JARs, it's still a problem with those files. You
must not copy the latest stable ones, but those one, which came which
Cocoon and are there in the lib directory.

Joerg