Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/29 13:07:11 UTC

[users@httpd] question on log time entry in the Apache access log

Hi All,
My query is , in apache access_log we get the entry of

" 127.0.0.1 - frank [10/Oct/2000:13:55:36 -0700] "GET /apache_pb.gif
HTTP/1.0" 200 2326"

What the log document says is "10/Oct/2000:13:55:36" is the time when the
request is received by Apache.So suppose the server is overloaded and it has
a ListenBackLog 511, so if the request is in queue does apache starts the
timer or the timer is started only when it is fetched from the queue.Also my
guess suppose the request is not in queue so the timer is going to be
started immediately.Please let me know your views.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
-A

Re: [users@httpd] question on log time entry in the Apache access log

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> My query is , in apache access_log we get the entry of
>
> " 127.0.0.1 - frank [10/Oct/2000:13:55:36 -0700] "GET /apache_pb.gif
> HTTP/1.0" 200 2326"
>
>  What the log document says is "10/Oct/2000:13:55:36" is the time when the
> request is received by Apache.So suppose the server is overloaded and it has
> a ListenBackLog 511, so if the request is in queue does apache starts the
> timer or the timer is started only when it is fetched from the queue.Also my
> guess suppose the request is not in queue so the timer is going to be
> started immediately.Please let me know your views.

If the request is in the listen queue, then apache doesn't even see it
(it is managed by the OS), so there is no way to  record the time.
This will be the time that apache first sees the request.

Joshua.