Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Petr Jůza <cz...@tiscali.cz> on 2002/12/02 09:15:39 UTC

RE: document's encoding

Hi,
I looked at getActualEncoding() function and I'm not sure about it. I use
XMLSpy 4.0 for editing XML documents and for coding documents. When I use
XML document encoded with "ISO-8859-1" (Xerces could support this encoding
directly), getActualEncoding() function returns "UTF-8".

Good results I had only with UTF-8 and UTF-16 encoded documents - Xerces
even determines byte order.

Have you any experience with this function?

Regards, PETER.

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi,
	I have never used the function.