Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Durity, Sean R" <SE...@homedepot.com> on 2019/10/31 20:49:19 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Cassandra 3.11.4 Node the load starts to increase after few minutes to 40 on 4 CPU machine

There is definitely a resource risk to having thousands of open connections to each node. Some of the drivers have (had?) less than optimal default settings, like acquiring 50 connections per Cassandra node. This is usually overkill. I think 5-10/node is much more reasonable. It depends on your app architecture and cluster node count. If there are lots of small micro-services, maybe they only need 2 connections per node.

Sean Durity – Staff Systems Engineer, Cassandra