Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by riklar <ri...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/08 23:10:31 UTC

bug in OpenOffice

Hello,

I am using OO 3.4 on a MacBook Pro 13 with 10.8.2.

OO has a good support to R2L writing. It has a serious problem, for those who write in R2L writing, as the case with Hebrew, when utilizing this software. When we wish to overcome inter-platform differentiation of dealing .DOC file on Mac and on PC.
The major problem is that when OO has to open Hebrew files with .DOC nature, it turns or reverse the brackets as shown in this screen picture attached:

I know from the Mac community here  that many bug reports and request have been reported and presented to the OO support services, but, apparently this problem has no priority. On the other hand, NeoOffice does not reverse brackets.

I hope someone here could help me to find a workaround to the issue or a solution to the problem, or there are ways the convince those who are in charge of the OO decision making body, and to convince them to correct the problem and to repair the issue.

TIA

Rik