Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by "VU, Thi Thu Thuy" <th...@sap.com> on 2010/03/01 15:47:47 UTC

How to build shindig 1.5 beta

Hello,
I'm new in Shindig.
I followed the guide of shindig apache to build a program with shindig. But, it's impossible.
I can't run  mvn -Prun (when I run mvn, it missed 2 things, and I don't know how to fix them;)
And anothing, I saw that, all guides are for only one version, but it doesn't note which version I can use.

So, could you give me a good guide for one version of shindig that you've already followed to build your program.

Thanks very much
P/S: I was trapped with this 1st step for more than 1 week. So I really need your help.
Thanks again

RE: How to build shindig 1.5 beta

Posted by "VU, Thi Thu Thuy" <th...@sap.com>.
Hey u,
I built successfully shindig without eclipse.
But with eclipse, I don't know, after install plugin maven, create a new project with existing java code of shindig, what'll I have to do to implement this code.
I see the guide of shindig apache, it guides like following:

Add the following to the <build><plugins> block of your projects pom.xml

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
    <artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
</plugin>

Running

In order to run Jetty on a webapp project which is structured according to the usual Maven defaults, you don't need to configure anything.

Simply type:

           mvn jetty:run

but, it said that org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin is not a good address
So, what I have to do now?
Thanks for your helps
Posted by "VU, Thi Thu Thuy" <th...@sap.com>.
Yep, I changed to use java 6 , but I can't build shindig neither :(
Some one can give me a detail guide, pls?
Does anyone successfully implement shindig with eclipse and without eclipse?

Please give me your guide.
Thanks a lot

Posted by Christiaan Hees <ch...@q42.nl>.

Posted by chico charlesworth <ch...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "VU, Thi Thu Thuy" <th...@sap.com>.
??? why you said It's crazy???
I really need all your help.

Posted by "VU, Thi Thu Thuy" <th...@sap.com>.
Oh, I'm sorry, I'm wrong, I use jdk 1.7, and eclipse 3.5.1
Thanks

I tried with another folder like you wrote too, but it's the same error?
So, what's the problem?
Thanks

Posted by chico charlesworth <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Two things: