Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Rob Mueller (fastmail)" <ro...@fastmail.fm> on 2002/02/04 06:19:13 UTC

Odd mod_perl and LimitRequestBody problem

We just experienced an odd problem and were wondering if anyone has
encountered this before. We recently set the apache LimitRequestBody
parameter to 10000000 (10M) and all was working fine until a recent restart.
We started getting errors in the logs whenever there was a file upload field
in the form, even if no file was selected.

[Sun Feb  3 21:01:23 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] [libapreq] could not
create/open temp file

No other changes had been made, and these started occuring immediately after
we did a apachectl stop/start cycle. We restarted the server 3 times, each
time the same problem occured. On the 4th restart, everything started
working fine again, even though no other changes had been made.

Has anyone ever had a similar experience to this? It's just a bit
disturbing...

Apache: 1.3.22
mod_perl: 1.26
libapreq: 0.33

Rob

Re: Solved - Odd mod_perl and LimitRequestBody problem

Posted by "Rob Mueller (fastmail)" <ro...@fastmail.fm>.
My fault, better be more careful when playing with environment vars.
libapreq uses tempnam(3), which uses the environment var TMPDIR when
creating temporary file names. Two of us were working on the server, one had
it set, the other didn't. That's why one person restarting the server
continued to have the problems, while when the other person restarted the
server, it suddenly fixed itself.

Rob