Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> on 1997/08/01 18:53:05 UTC

Re: general/908: Is there a plan to include support for Active Server Pages in the Apache server for NT?

At 03:00 AM 8/1/97 -0700, dgaudet@hyperreal.org wrote:
>Some people have been looking at it.  It is a desirable feature.
>So it may be supported ... it depends on how easy it is to coax
>certain programs to co-operate.

We actually think it may be possible /today/ with the ISAPI module we've
done for the NT port, since ASP is implemented as an ISAPI extension.  In
fact it might make a good test case for the ISAPI work we've done,
discounting the possibility that the ASP engine relies on undocumented
Microsoft calls :)

Jonathan, if you'd like to download the NT port and give this a try, we'd
love to hear if it works....

	Brian

"Why not?" - TL           brian@organic.com - hyperreal.org - apache.org

Re: general/908: Is there a plan to include support for Active Server Pages in the Apache server for NT?

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>.
On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> At 03:00 AM 8/1/97 -0700, dgaudet@hyperreal.org wrote:
> >Some people have been looking at it.  It is a desirable feature.
> >So it may be supported ... it depends on how easy it is to coax
> >certain programs to co-operate.
>
> We actually think it may be possible /today/ with the ISAPI module we've
> done for the NT port, since ASP is implemented as an ISAPI extension.  In
> fact it might make a good test case for the ISAPI work we've done,
> discounting the possibility that the ASP engine relies on undocumented
> Microsoft calls :)
>
> Jonathan, if you'd like to download the NT port and give this a try, we'd
> love to hear if it works....

It doesn't. I've tried it. The ASP extension fails its initialization
call, probably because it tries to activate a MS-specific extension or
something, and is unable to.

I haven't looked into it much, because it would probably involve tracing
through the execution of the ASP DLL, and that wouldn't be very
feasible.

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>