Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Junhai Guo <ju...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/13 13:51:25 UTC

64bit ODBC 1.6 version issue when connecting to 2.0 beta, tableau 10.2, sql server linked server

I am testing 2.0 beta using the sample data set using Tableau 10.2, and SQL
server 2016 linked server.

--ISSUE1: In Tableau 10.2, with custom sql, the preview works, but the full
query returns only 1 row with nulls for the following sample query:
select part_dt, sum(price) as total_selled, count(distinct seller_id) as
sellers from kylin_sales group by part_dt order by part_dt

--ISSUE2: After adding Kylin as a linked server using Microsoft OLE
provider for ODBC and pre-configured DSN "KYLIN". For whatever reason,
there are 5 defaultCatalog displayed there. When expanded, multiple
duplicated ACCOUNT tables are displayed. When running the following linked
server query, got error message, no row returned, but column header was
retrieved.

Is the 2.0 beta issue, or 1.6 version of ODBC driver issue? Do you plan to
release a 2.0 version of ODBC driver? I use the linked server approach so
that I can use Superset with pymssql and extra sql server security for
querying Kylin OLAP data.

I appreciate your help.

select *

from openquery(KYLIN, 'select part_dt, sum(price) as total_selled,
count(distinct seller_id) as sellers from kylin_sales group by part_dt
order by part_dt')
[image: Inline image 3]

Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

The OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "KYLIN" reported an error.
The provider did not give any information about the error.

Msg 7330, Level 16, State 2, Line 1

Cannot fetch a row from OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "KYLIN".

[image: Inline image 2][image: Inline image 1]

Re:Re: 64bit ODBC 1.6 version issue when connecting to 2.0 beta, tableau 10.2, sql server linked server

Posted by 翟鹿渊 <di...@163.com>.
Hi there,
I have reproduced the 1st issue listed below and open a JIRA for it.
(JIRA:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-2553)
Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Adora

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anix <an...@anixinventive.com>.
Do we have any update on Issue2 . How we can resolve problem coming while

--
Sent from: http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/