Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2004/07/06 00:18:55 UTC

[lang] Mutables

I have just reworked the MutableInteger class to MutableInt. The old code
seemed to have issues with equals and hashcode. I'm also suggesting that
MutableNumber doesn't achieve a lot and is worth dropping.

Anyone care to review MutableInt before I update the rest of the mutable
package?

Stephen

Re: [lang] Mutables

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Changes seem fine to me. As MutableNumber extends Number, but is not in
itself Mutable, and yet implements Mutable, I don't think there's a need
for it. Just there for symmetry I presume.

It's handling only a couple of lines of shared code, so not a huge deal
there either.

Hen