Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ajay Chitre <aj...@diligentteam.com> on 2001/12/28 20:45:57 UTC

FOP, XSL & Struts

Hello,

I am trying to create a report in PDF format using FOP in my Struts based
application.  When I use a previously created "fo" file my code works fine.

For example, when I do something like this it works fine;

//This is a test!
String foParam = "c:\\temp\\TestReport.fo";   //TODO
FileInputStream file = new FileInputStream(foParam);
InputSource foFile = new InputSource(file);

//Instantiate Driver
org.apache.fop.apps.Driver driver = new Driver(foFile, out);

driver.setLogger(log);
driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
driver.run();

This works!

Now what I would like to do is create the "fo" file dynamically.  The report
data is in a collection of Value objects.  What's the best way to do this
in my Struts Action class?  Please help.

Thanks.

Ajay Chitre

Diligent Team, Inc.
(Where Diligent People Work as a Team)

http://www.DiligentTeam.com

Re: FOP, XSL & Struts

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
The Action has direct access to the HttpResponse, and would do it the
same way as any plain servlet.

I can't be more specific without spending more time in the FOP
documentation. But any example for a plain servlet should work in an
Action, just use the provided response instance to obtain the writer.