Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Po Dragonwarrior <hu...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/01 12:35:16 UTC

Openvswitch + ACS networking

Hi,

I am trying to setup ACS with openvswitch for advanced networking, but I cannot really understand the openvswitch+ACS networking part.

I have a kvm host with 2 nics and I want to use nic1 for management+storage traffic, and nic2 for public+guest traffic.

So I use the following

ovs-vsctl add-br cloudbr0
ovs-vsctl add-port cloudbr0 eth0
ovs-vsctl add-br cloudbr1
ovs-vsctl add-port cloudbr1 eth0

then for ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
HWADDR=00:04:xx:xx:xx:xx (My MAC addr)
ONBOOT=yes
HOTPLUG=no
BOOTPROTO=none
TYPE=Ethernet

then for ifcfg-eth1
DEVICE=eth1
HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (my MAC addr)
ONBOOT=yes
HOTPLUG=no
BOOTPROTO=none
TYPE=Ethernet

for ifcfg-cloudbr0:
DEVICE=cloudbr0
ONBOOT=yes
HOTPLUG=no
BOOTPROTO=static
DEVICETYPE=ovs
TYPE=OVSBridge
IPADDR=172.16.0.10
GATEWAY=172.16.0.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0

for ifcfg-cloudbr1:
DEVICE=cloudbr1
ONBOOT=yes
HOTPLUG=no
BOOTPROTO=static
DEVICETYPE=ovs
TYPE=OVSBridge

Later on the Web GUI I create two physical networks:
Physical Network 1 where I add  management and storage (blue and red buttons) with traffic label ‘cloudbr0’ and VLAN type
Physical Network 2 where I add  public and guest (green and yellow buttons) with traffic label ‘cloudbr1’ and GRE type

my ip-ranges are:
pod: 172.16.0.100 - 110
public: 172.16.0.200 - 210
guest: vlan 1000-1100
storage: 172.16.0.50 - 60

After the ACS installation it is obvious that there is no communication between the management server and the system vms.
What is wrong with my setup?…

Re: Openvswitch + ACS networking

Posted by Po Dragonwarrior <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrija,

this was really a good reading but I only have 2 nics and I cannot use bonds.

Also, regarding this article I have one more question:
while the article in the OVS part describes four nics eth0 / eth1 / eth2 / eth3 in the output of the 'ovs-vsctl show' command the bonds include different interfaces
e.g the bond0 has eth1 and veth1. Why is this happening?

best regards,
Po

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Worth reading on this one: