Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Carlton Gibson <ca...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/09 10:44:32 UTC

Re: CouchDBX Redux

On 23 Apr 2012, at 22:20, Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here it is:
>
> https://github.com/downloads/refuge/rcouch/rcouch-0.5.tar.gz

Hi all.

Sorry for the delay in following this up — I haven't had much time for it.

Short Version
------------------
The refuge repo at https://github.com/refuge/rcouch "Just works" — Unless I'm missing something (which I might be) I can't see why http://couchdb.apache.org doesn't just like to the download Benoit points to and recommend that for new users.

Longer Version
---------------------

### 1.
 I spent some time trying to get the Couchbase repo to build. I download the Erlang dependencies but I don't know enough/have the time to figure out how to put it all in the right place with the right incantations. (Part of the reason I'm here is to _learn_ about Erlang.)

If someone (Dustin/Dave/Other?) can get the Couchbase repo so it checkouts and builds, I'm very happy to work o the "Mac App" bit of it going forward if the refuge version isn't acceptable for some reason.

(Beyond this, my plan now is to start with entry-level tickets.)

### 2.
Re. 10.8 and Gatekeeper:
 * If people build CouchDBX or rcouchX themselves, no problem.
* Best bet would be for a pre-built version to be signed.
* Otherwise, the page linking to it should say, "Turn off Gatekeeper; launch app; turn Gatekeeper back on"

Regards,

Carlton