Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by jo...@accenture.com on 2014/01/09 04:54:51 UTC

FW: Configure Tomcat Server as Kafka Producer

Hi,

  I was wondering if there is a tutorial to set this up?  I'm trying to link a REST API transferring JSON to Kafka being consumed by Storm/Cassandra.  I'm very new to Kafka/Scala/Storm, linux etc.  Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Joe Simmons

________________________________

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. .

www.accenture.com

Re: Configure Tomcat Server as Kafka Producer

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
Does it have to be tomcat?

We have been talking about adding an http endpoint to https://github.com/stealthly/scala-kafka as clients have been asking for a simple REST based producer ( with other stuff too but this also).

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly
 Twitter: @allthingshadoop

On Jan 8, 2014, at 10:54 PM, <jo...@accenture.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I was wondering if there is a tutorial to set this up?  I'm trying to link a REST API transferring JSON to Kafka being consumed by Storm/Cassandra.  I'm very new to Kafka/Scala/Storm, linux etc.  Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank You,
> Joe Simmons

> This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. .
>
> www.accenture.com

Fwd: Configure Tomcat Server as Kafka Producer

Posted by jo...@accenture.com.

Begin forwarded message: