Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ramesh Sakala <rs...@digev.com> on 2004/01/22 22:44:26 UTC

Not an Axis related question. But, appreciate any help...

Hi All,

I have a question, I think not related to Axis; but in the area of .NET and web services. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. If you have an idea on different newsgroup/mailing list, I can use to get answer to this question, please send it to me also.

Problem description:
____________________

I have an ASN.1 encoded PrivateKey (PKCS8 Encoding) and Public (X509 Encoding) Key in two different files, which I have created using JDK's Key.getEncoded() methods. How can I normalize these byte streams to normalized .NET Key objects (System.Security.Cryptography.RSA and System.Security.Cryptography.DSA) from .NET that I need to do XMLSignatures in .NET?

I have searched online help which comes with VisualStudio.NET. They only talk about interfaces to export/import RSA/DSA keys to/from XML.

Any leads in solving this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ramesh.

Re: Not an Axis related question. But, appreciate any help...

Posted by Jim Murphy <ji...@pobox.com>.
You may find an answer ont he DevelopMentor mailing lists[1].  They deal
explicitly with .NET.

[1] - http://discuss.develop.com

Jim Murphy
Mindreef, Inc.