Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Geoff Fortytwo <g4...@snowball.com> on 2002/05/16 00:00:08 UTC

shows up in GUI, but does nothing when run

I've been able to successfully add a new sampler to JMeter. I start jmeter
and add a new thread group to the Test Plan. I then open up the thread
group and add my new sampler which is listed in the "Generative Controller"
menu. I then add a "Graph Results" listener to the thread group. I then
click "Start" from the "Run" menu. No exceptions are output into the
console window that JMeter was run from, but it doesn't output any of the
log statements that I have in every method of the sampler. It just outputs
"getName" indicating it is calling my class derived from
AbstractGenerativeController, but it isn't calling the createEntry() method.

The org.apache.jmeter.samplers.Sampler derived class is called SpecialSampler.

Here's the AbstractGenerativeController derived class (I've removed all the
logging statements to make the code clearer).

public class SpecialTestSampler
	 extends AbstractGenerativeController
	 implements Serializable
{
	public Class getGuiClass() {
		return SpecialTestGui.class;
	}

	public String getName() {
		return name;
	}
	public void setName(String name) {
		this.name=name;
	}

	public Collection getAddList() {
		return java.util.Collections.EMPTY_LIST;
	}

	public String getClassLabel() {
		return "speciality class";
	}

	public void uncompile() {
		super.uncompile();
	}

	public void addJMeterComponent(JMeterComponentModel child) {
	}

	protected Entry createEntry() {
		Entry entry = new Entry();
		entry.setSamplerClass(SpecialSampler.class);
		return entry;
	}

	private String name;
}

Re: shows up in GUI, but does nothing when run

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
I'm guessing the problem is that you didn't implement the clone() method.  As a
result, since everything gets cloned before getting to the engine, your using the
inherited clone() method, which returns a GenericController, I think.  You need to
implement a clone() method to return your custom GenerativeController.  Take a
look at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.HttpTestSample as an example.

-Mike

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org