Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Simon Besenbäck <si...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/02 10:34:54 UTC

Using Nashorn in Apache Tomcat

Hi!

I am using Apache 10.0.23 on Windows 10. I want to use Nashorn for
developing JSP's within the Eclipse IDE. Therefore I use OpenJDK 19 and
added the jakarta.ScriptTagLibs.jar to the lib directory. I added
script-jsr223.tld to the META-INF Folder. As far as I know I should be able
to use nashorn if I add the nashorn-core-15.4.jar (downloaded here:
https://search.maven.org/artifact/org.openjdk.nashorn/nashorn-core/15.4/jar)
to the lib directory, but for me it doesn´t work. I either get the Page
without the elements generated by nashorn or I get an Internal Server
Error.

However, I also tried Rhino, by adding rhino-engine-1.7.14.jar and
rhino-runtime-1.7.14.jar to the lib directory and it works. However, if I
try it by only adding the rhino-1.7.14.jar to the lib directory it won't
work either. (Downloaded here:
https://github.com/mozilla/rhino/releases/tag/Rhino1_7_14_Release)

I would be very thankful for any tipps as I really do not know how to get
nashorn working.

Thanks.

Simon

Re: Using Nashorn in Apache Tomcat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Simon,

On 10/20/22 08:13, Simon Besenbäck wrote:
> Am So., 2. Okt. 2022 um 12:34 Uhr schrieb Simon Besenbäck <
> simon.besenbaeck@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am using Apache 10.0.23 on Windows 10. I want to use Nashorn for
>> developing JSP's within the Eclipse IDE. Therefore I use OpenJDK 19 and
>> added the jakarta.ScriptTagLibs.jar to the lib directory. I added
>> script-jsr223.tld to the META-INF Folder. As far as I know I should be able
>> to use nashorn if I add the nashorn-core-15.4.jar (downloaded here:
>> https://search.maven.org/artifact/org.openjdk.nashorn/nashorn-core/15.4/jar)
>> to the lib directory, but for me it doesn´t work. I either get the Page
>> without the elements generated by nashorn or I get an Internal Server
>> Error.
>>
>> However, I also tried Rhino, by adding rhino-engine-1.7.14.jar and
>> rhino-runtime-1.7.14.jar to the lib directory and it works. However, if I
>> try it by only adding the rhino-1.7.14.jar to the lib directory it won't
>> work either. (Downloaded here:
>> https://github.com/mozilla/rhino/releases/tag/Rhino1_7_14_Release)
>>
>> I would be very thankful for any tipps as I really do not know how to get
>> nashorn working.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Simon
>>

> Am Sa., 8. Okt. 2022 um 11:27 Uhr schrieb Simon Besenbäck <
> simon.besenbaeck@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> How can one add the Nashorn module to Apache Tomcat 10?
>>
>> https://openjdk.org/projects/nashorn/
>> Download of the jar file:
>> https://search.maven.org/artifact/org.openjdk.nashorn/nashorn-core/15.4/jar
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>   Simon
>
> Here is the solution to the problem:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/74025622/how-to-add-the-nashorn-module-to-tomcat-10

Thanks for coming back and reporting that.

You likely got no response because your report was "it doesn't work"
rather than "I got an error in my log file saying ___ERROR MESSAGE____"
where we could have helped.

-chris

Re: Using Nashorn in Apache Tomcat