Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Shobhana <sh...@quickride.in> on 2016/10/16 19:27:14 UTC

Re: KAHADB clean up old log files

Sorry about adding to somebody else's thread.... I am adding here since I see
same issue in our production server.

We use 5.14.0 version and I have already enabled DLQ to discard all expired
messages and also set expiry of 1 day to all messages (MQTT) and offline
durable consumers using the following configurations :

a) I enabled following plug-in to set expiry of 1 day for every message (we
use only MQTT messages) :
<plugins>
  <discardingDLQBrokerPlugin dropAll="true" dropTemporaryTopics="true"
dropTemporaryQueues="true" />
        <timeStampingBrokerPlugin ttlCeiling="86400000"
zeroExpirationOverride="86400000"/>
</plugins>

b) I enabled DLQ to drop all expired messages for all topics and queues :
    <deadLetterStrategy>
          <sharedDeadLetterStrategy processExpired="false" />
    </deadLetterStrategy>

<discardingDLQBrokerPlugin dropAll="true" dropTemporaryTopics="true"
dropTemporaryQueues="true" />

c) I enabled offline durable subscribers to timeout after 1 day :
offlineDurableSubscriberTimeout="86400000"
offlineDurableSubscriberTaskSchedule="3600000"

After these changes, I could see a few log files got deleted, but majority
of the log files remain in the Kahadb folder which consume lot of disk
space.

I observed this in our production server where I cannot enable trace or JMX.
Is there any other way to identify what is causing this issue?

TIA,
Shobhana