Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Puneet Agarwal <pu...@rediffmail.com> on 2002/12/30 14:26:53 UTC

Re: RE: Struts - XML/XSL

Jeff,
This looks good, but this may not suit us as well as struts
does.
We had tough time convincing our mgmt/client to accept struts, no
way they can accept another opensource, they are convinced of
apache/jakarta projects now.

moreover 90% of our screens have to be in HTML.
There are few (one Module) wherein we require this XML stuff for
hand handelled devices and some Swing clients.

If struts does not have this featuer we will have to build it for
ourselves. Our seniors as well have liked the approach of a custom
tag library.

I don't know if I can ask about this in developers forum.
Would be nice if someone of the committers could say something on
this.
Regards
Puneet

Regards
Puneet Agarwal

RE: RE: Struts - XML/XSL

Posted by Jacob Hookom <ho...@uwec.edu>.
Has anyone successfully developed an XSLT filter that could be used with
MVC frameworks yet?

This looks good, but this may not suit us as well as struts
does.
We had tough time convincing our mgmt/client to accept struts, no
way they can accept another opensource, they are convinced of
apache/jakarta projects now.

moreover 90% of our screens have to be in HTML.
There are few (one Module) wherein we require this XML stuff for
hand handelled devices and some Swing clients.

If struts does not have this featuer we will have to build it for
ourselves. Our seniors as well have liked the approach of a custom
tag library.

I don't know if I can ask about this in developers forum.
Would be nice if someone of the committers could say something on
this.
Regards
Puneet

On Mon, 30 Dec 2003 Schnitzer, Jeff wrote :
>Take a look at the Maverick MVC framework
>(http://mav.sourceforge.net).  It is Struts-like in concept, but
>you can run any model through an arbitrary pipeline of XSLT (and
>several other) transformations in Cocoon-like fashion.  The
>pipeline will be efficiently connected with SAX events if
>appropriate.  As an example, you can easily run your model
>through an XSLT transformation and then through a FOP
>transformation to send PDF back to the client.
>
>Using the optional Domify module, you don't even need JSP to
>generate the XML in the first place.  The Domify adapter uses
>reflection to create a lazily-loaded DOM façade of your model
>directly.  This is much more efficient than generating and
>parsing text XML.
>
>Try it out :-)
>
>Jeff Schnitzer

Regards