Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/10 23:05:14 UTC

Monitoring/statistics

I'm thinking about rolling my own generic monitoring/statistics solution for
tapestry 5 and I figured I should see if something is out there already
before I spent too much time on it.

This is to be used in production and connected to an external monitoring
system, probably via JMX, but we might be flexible.

Anything come to mind?

Re: Monitoring/statistics

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been thinking about this kind of thing as well; having a JMX bean
> for each Page instance and tracking number of render requests, number
> of event requests, number of ajax even requests, and ellapsed
> processing time for each.
>
> Obviously, it's a bit late for 5.2 ... it may be time to cut a 5.3 dev
> branch off the current 5.2 code base.

Do you like to have a Jira issue for this ?

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Monitoring/statistics

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.
> Why dont reuse already existing projects?
Reuse is a definitely a goal for me personally. I'm thinking that
there will be a facade though so that if I choose Simon, or JAMon or
Perf4j that decision won't be pushed down into framework users.

I'm sort of deciding between JavaSimon and Perf4j at the moment,
although the user list for perf4j doesn't seem all that active,
Josh

Re: Monitoring/statistics

Posted by Anton Gavazuk <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Monitoring/statistics