Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mario Henley Becerril Geldis <he...@uaemex.mx> on 2002/07/20 02:02:09 UTC

SUMMARY: java.sql.SQLExecption

> Are you using OCI or thin JDBC connections?  If OCI, you will need the Oracle Client installed on the linux machine.  BTW, thin driver has been shown to give better performance and is easier to setup. (no oracle client needed for thin drivers to work)
>

>  i use thin jdbc....

   well i change my code on jdbc connection from:

   Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection
("jdbc:oracle:thin:@1.2.3.4:1521:name","user",
"password");

   Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection
("jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS_LIST =(ADDRESS
 = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 1.2.3.4)(PORT = 1521)))(CONNECT_DATA
=(SERVICE_NAME = name)(SRVR = DEDICA
TED)))","user","password");