Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Gene Heskett <ge...@verizon.net> on 2005/12/03 21:08:47 UTC

Where are SA-3.10 rpms for old FC2 systems?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: Where are SA-3.10 rpms for old FC2 systems?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 06:59:21PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> [root@coyote i386]# yum install perl-Mail*
> Cannot find a package matching perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.0-1.i386.rpm
>
> I was surprised to see it had expanded the name.  I wonder if cpan has
> that whole package as an rpm, 'twould make things a bit cleaner.

I'd guess you have perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.0-1.i386.rpm in the current
directory.  As previously stated, if you build via the spec file, you'll get 2
RPMs.  One is the spamassassin tools, and one is the perl modules.  You need
both.  You want to install/upgrade both at the same time.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Farnsworth: Oh my God!!

Re: Where are SA-3.10 rpms for old FC2 systems?

Posted by Gene Heskett <ge...@verizon.net>.
On Sunday 04 December 2005 16:16, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
>On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 03:18:55PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> [root@coyote i386]# rpm -Uvh spamassassin-3.1.0-1.i386.rpm
>
>install the perl-Mail-*.rpm file at the same time.
>
>> On going to cpan and searching for Mail::Spamassassin, I am led to
>> what appears to be the exact same named tar.gz download.  So what is
>> the real problem here?  Are the named modules listed above additions
>> I have to get from cpan or ???
>
>You could get it all from CPAN if you wanted to, but that obviously
> negates the benefits of using rpm.

I tried to get it from cpan, but some of it wasn't there, like
NetSet.pm, and Util::Progress, which was apparently in 2 pieces, I
found a Util.pm and a Progress.pm.

I've got yum looking, but it looks like fedora.legacy is down for the
count.

I gave it this argument, and got this back:
[root@coyote i386]# yum install perl-Mail*
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Stable)
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Testing)
Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
Server: Macromedia for i386 Linux
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
iptstate-0-1.3-0.fdr.3.2. 100% |=========================| 2.0 kB
00:00
Cannot find a package matching perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.0-1.i386.rpm
No actions to take

Posted by "M. Lewis" <ca...@cajuninc.com>.

http://www.exit0.us/index.php?pagename=RulesDuJour

--

  Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
   19:25:01 up 11:48,  4 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.15, 0.11

  Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org

Re: Where are SA-3.10 rpms for old FC2 systems?

Posted by Gene Heskett <ge...@verizon.net>.
On Sunday 04 December 2005 16:35, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote on Sun, 04 Dec 2005 15:18:55 -0500:
>> error: Failed dependencies:
>>        perl(Mail::SpamAssassin) is needed by spamassassin-3.1.0-1
>>
>> Suggested resolutions:
>>        spamassassin-2.63-8.i386.rpm
>
>If I understood you correctly you built an rpm. Something must have
> gone wrong. Did you use the correct spec file, did you change it? The
> rpm rebuild should create *two* rpms AFAIR: the spamassassin*.rpm and
> the perl-Mail-Spamassassin*.rpm. The latter is what you are missing I
> think.
>

>Kai

DamnifIknow Kai, I never looked for the other name in the RPMS subdir,
brb.

And you are exactly correct!  Can I just say Duh?  And that worked just
fine provided I did an rpm -Uvh name name.

Many thanks, now to see if it works any better over the next few days.

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Gene Heskett wrote on Sun, 04 Dec 2005 15:18:55 -0500:

> error: Failed dependencies:
>        perl(Mail::SpamAssassin) is needed by spamassassin-3.1.0-1

> Suggested resolutions:
>        spamassassin-2.63-8.i386.rpm

If I understood you correctly you built an rpm. Something must have gone
wrong. Did you use the correct spec file, did you change it? The rpm
rebuild should create *two* rpms AFAIR: the spamassassin*.rpm and the
perl-Mail-Spamassassin*.rpm. The latter is what you are missing I think.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Re: Where are SA-3.10 rpms for old FC2 systems?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 03:18:55PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> [root@coyote i386]# rpm -Uvh spamassassin-3.1.0-1.i386.rpm

install the perl-Mail-*.rpm file at the same time.

> On going to cpan and searching for Mail::Spamassassin, I am led to
> what appears to be the exact same named tar.gz download.  So what is the
> real problem here?  Are the named modules listed above additions I have
> to get from cpan or ???

You could get it all from CPAN if you wanted to, but that obviously negates
the benefits of using rpm.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Senator Helms went on to say that President Clinton would need a
 bodyguard if he ever went to North Carolina.  Helms later claimed that
 reporters misunderstood him through his hood."
         - Dennis Miller, Dennis Miller Live (1994, Jerry Seinfeld)

Re: Where are SA-3.10 rpms for old FC2 systems?

Posted by Gene Heskett <ge...@verizon.net>.
On Sunday 04 December 2005 13:50, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
>You can build them with the standardly-included spec file.

I put this back on the list as it doesn't seem to be a trivial task to
update it.

So I see, once I'd gone to apache and downloaded
Mail-Spamassissin.tar.gz

The build went about as expected I think, following the web page
directions.  The upgrade/install of the resultant rpm fails:

[root@coyote i386]# rpm -Uvh spamassassin-3.1.0-1.i386.rpm
/etc/security/selinux/file_contexts: No such file or directory
error: Failed dependencies:
        perl(Mail::SpamAssassin) is needed by spamassassin-3.1.0-1
        perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::ArchiveIterator) is needed by
spamassassin-3.1.0-1
        perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::Logger) is needed by
spamassassin-3.1.0-1
        perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::Message) is needed by
spamassassin-3.1.0-1
        perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::NetSet) is needed by
spamassassin-3.1.0-1
        perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgLearner) is needed by
spamassassin-3.1.0-1
        perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::SpamdForkScaling) is needed by
spamassassin-3.1.0-1
        perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::SubProcBackChannel) is needed by
spamassassin-3.1.0-1
        perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::Util::Progress) is needed by
spamassassin-3.1.0-1
        perl-Mail-SpamAssassin = 3.1.0-1 is needed by
spamassassin-3.1.0-1
    Suggested resolutions:
        spamassassin-2.63-8.i386.rpm

On going to cpan and searching for Mail::Spamassassin, I am led to
what appears to be the exact same named tar.gz download.  So what is the
real problem here?  Are the named modules listed above additions I have
to get from cpan or ???

I have been running 3.04 for quite a while, but its not 'bulletproof' :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)