Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Lukas Bradley <lu...@somnia.com> on 2004/06/09 20:07:23 UTC

HttpClient Consultant Needed Immediately

Hi all,

I need a developer or consultant familiar with SSL using certificate
authentication within HttpClient.  My company has utterly failed in our
attempt to interface with a financial processing gateway.

Our needs are quite simple: import the processor's certificate, connect via
SSL using Java, and sent HTTPS traffic.  It appears as if our traffic isn't
even reaching their servers.

  main, SEND TLSv1 ALERT:  fatal, description = certificate_unknown

We have attempted to write our own X509KeyManager and X509TrustManager, as
well as other recommended "hacks" from various sources.  I've also attached
an explanatory email we sent to their technical support detailing the
problem.

At this point, the answer may be simple, or complex.  Nonetheless, I think
we have exhausted our options on the Java front, and need expertise in this
field.

Please contact me as soon as possible regarding this need.  If you want to
offer free advice, I'm very open.  However, I'm more than willing to pay you
for your time.  I'm available at lukas at somnia dot com, or at
404.581.9973.

Thanks for your time.

Lukas Bradley