Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us> on 2011/10/14 02:27:58 UTC

T5.3 date picker - no way to change/remove yellow highlight?

I am using BeanEditForm with Datepickers.
There seems to be no way to change the yellow highlight when the date is picked.
Is there any way to change it, or to get rid of it?
It does not mesh at all with our color scheme and looks ugly.

In general, I think the default should be no highlight at all.
I never see any UI other than tapestry that uses highlight
to accentuate any dynamic change on a page...
Looks like it stemmed from 'oo this ajax thing really works!'

Re: T5.3 date picker - no way to change/remove yellow highlight?

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.
I think white will even be prettier on other colors ! Nice choice.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>wrote:

> Thanks, Wulf, this is an excellent idea.
> I wound up doing something similar:
>
> Effect.Highlight.prototype.initialize = function(element) {
>    this.element = $(element);
>    if (!this.element) throw(Effect._elementDoesNotExistError);
>    var options = Object.extend({ startcolor: '%s' }, arguments[1] || { });
>    this.start(options);
>  };
>
> and did JavaScriptSupport.addScript(scr, "#FFFFFF");
>
> Thus, the highlight is white and doesn't appear, unless I explicitly
> override
> it with a mixin that passes the startcolor argument.
>

> On Oct 14, 2011, at 8:07 AM, Wechsung, Wulf wrote:
>
> > That occurred to me as well ... if you use a layout, wouldn't it be
> enough to run
> >
> > Effect.prototype.Highlight = function() { }
> >
> > OnLoad to prevent all highlight effects everywhere in your app ...

*Regards,*
*Muhammad Gelbana
Java Developer*

Re: T5.3 date picker - no way to change/remove yellow highlight?

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.

Posted by "Wechsung, Wulf" <wu...@sap.com>.

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.