Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/19 11:09:23 UTC

Biggest changes done

Hi all,

I think we have done the biggest changes in log4php now.
This morning I committed the last refactored code I eagerly wanted to
have. From nowon we just have to review the classes, decide bout
changing abstract classes to interfaces, clean up source code,
refactor some internal stuff and have some more better tests. Of
course docs should be improved again.

But the really heavy stuff is done. If one of you thinks that I missed
one evil beeing, plz let me know.
Otherwise I invite everybody to be a nitpicker and help with
stabilizing and cleaning our little project. :-)
For all non-committers, please open Jira-Issues and add your patches
there, this will help!

If you have ideas for more improvments before 2.0 is released and
don't want to write some code,
let us know in the wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/logging/Log4PHP/TODO

In the last few months we have:
- ported everything to php5
- improved outdated classes (for example AdoDB to PDO)
- refactored some very evil stenches in code design
- written tons of phpunit code
- reviewed the website
- put CI online for this project
- cleaned up, cleaned up, cleaned up
- and committed several patches from Jira
- and much more!

This all was a VERY big step for log4php. I have learned much from you
all and it was a very funny time! Thank you!

Best,
Christian

Re: Biggest changes done

Posted by Knut Urdalen <kn...@php.net>.