Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by sad <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/12 03:45:32 UTC

Velocity-Struts Tokens

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please give me the
low down on using Tokens i.e. Struts tokens with
velocity. I read through the velocity-tools (struts
demo), and have not been able to get tokens to work.
Have been using the $form.getToken() method to render
the hash but always end up with a  $form.getToken() i
s not a valid reference. I use the saveToken(request)
method. Not sure what i'm doing wrong. Any help/input
would be welcome.

thx a ton.

Sujay

Re: Velocity-Struts

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.
Gabe said:
> Nathan,
> are these patches backwards compatible? If yes,
> does anything speak against applying them now
> to the CVS tree?

well, the ActionMessage(s) classes do not exist in Struts 1.0.  so, anyone
trying to run or build this code would be required to upgrade to Struts 1.1.
i'm not sure we want to do that until a 1.1 final is released.  hopefully,
the 1.1b2 just released this week will be quite stable, but considering how
much changed since 1.1b1, i'm not sure that'll happen.

of course, we don't even have an alpha release of the velocity-struts stuff
yet, so i guess there isn't really anything to stop us from building against
a struts beta if we want to.

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com

Re: Velocity-Struts

Posted by Gabriel Sidler <si...@teamup.com>.
Nathan,
are these patches backwards compatible? If yes,
does anything speak against applying them now
to the CVS tree?

Gabe

Nathan Bubna wrote:

> Jeff said:
>
>>>personally, i am using velstruts with 1.1 and have
>>>added ActionMessages support locally.  if you'd
>>>like, i can post the changes for that, but do not
>>>expect them to be committed until a final release
>>>of 1.1.
>>>Nathan Bubna nathan@esha.com
>>>
>>That would be great.  I am using Struts 1.02 but I'm
>>moving to the new 1.1-b2.
>>

> ok.  here's the ActionMessagesTool and a patch for StrutsUtils.
>
> Nathan Bubna
> nathan@esha.com

Gabriel Sidler
Software Engineer, Eivycom GmbH, Zurich, Switzerland

Re: Velocity-Struts

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.

Re: Velocity-Struts

Posted by Jeff Corliss <je...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Velocity-Struts

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.
Jeff said:
> Is the vel-struts toolkit designed to work with Struts
>
> 1.02 or Struts 1.1?  If 1.1, are there features of 1.1
> that aren't (yet) covered by the toolkit?

presently, it is designed for 1.02.  support for 1.1 features such as
ActionMessages will be added at some point after the final release of Struts
1.1.

Velocity-Struts

Posted by Jeff Corliss <je...@yahoo.com>.
Hi all,

Is the vel-struts toolkit designed to work with Struts

1.02 or Struts 1.1?  If 1.1, are there features of 1.1
that aren't (yet) covered by the toolkit?

Thanks.

Re: Velocity-Struts Tokens

Posted by sad <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Gabriel,

thank you for the reply. Managed to get $form.token to
work. It was a problem with my action code, and not
calling the action before i displayed the page which
in turn didn't create a hash or rather call
$form.token.

Works like a charm. Using Velocity along with Struts
honestly rocks!.. a pleasure to work with.

thanks so much for the hard work and making this
possible.

Regards

Sujay D'Souza

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>