Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by mathew castle <ut...@hotmail.com> on 2000/09/12 01:55:40 UTC

please, help needed

hi
   i am trying to run calculator example since a week and i am not able to
run it. I request you to please get me out of this problem.

1. I am running tomcat serve and deployed the service as follows

ID                   urn:xml-soap-demo-calculator
Scope             Application
Provider Type        script
Scripting Language javascript
Script

Methods              plus, minus, times, divide
Type Mappings

2. i included xerces.jar and soap.jar in my class path.
3. then i am typing java samples.calculator.Calculator
http:\\localhost:8080\soap\servlet\rpcrouter
4.i am getting the error as

C:\java-soap\soap-2_0>java samples.calculator.Calculator
http:\\localhost:8080\soap\servlet\rpcrouter
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=error opening socket:
Connection
refused: no further information;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentExcept
ion: error opening socket: Connection refused: no further information]
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnec
tion.java:115)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:145)
        at samples.calculator.Calculator.doOp(Calculator.java:220)
        at samples.calculator.Calculator.access$1(Calculator.java:203)
        at
samples.calculator.Calculator$5.actionPerformed(Calculator.java:179)
        at java.awt.Button.processActionEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Button.processEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEvent(Unknown Source)

5. though the server is running, i think the client is not able to contact
it.
6. I request you to please tell me where i am going wrong and how to rectify
it.

thank you

- mathew

http://profiles.msn.com.