Posted to user@spark.apache.org by velvia <ve...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/13 18:11:41 UTC

Re: SparkContext startup time out

I also hit this error.

Re: SparkContext startup time out

Posted by velvia <ve...@gmail.com>.
I have found a workaround.  If you add akka 2.2.4 to your dependencies, then
everything works, probably because akka 2.2.4 brings in newer version of
Jetty.

Re: SparkContext startup time out

Posted by velvia <ve...@gmail.com>.
By the way, this is the underlying error for me:

java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
org/jboss/netty/channel/socket/nio/NioWorkerPool, method: createWorker
signature:
(Ljava/util/concurrent/Executor;)Lorg/jboss/netty/channel/socket/nio/AbstractNioWorker;)
Wrong return type in function
        at
akka.remote.transport.netty.NettyTransport.<init>(NettyTransport.scala:282)
        at
akka.remote.transport.netty.NettyTransport.<init>(NettyTransport.scala:239)
Method)
        at

I don't quite understand though, I ran the "dependency-graph" plugin and
nowhere is netty in my dependency chain.