Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2014/02/08 18:33:23 UTC

A hadoop command to determine the replication factor of a hdfs file ?

Hi,

Is there a hadoop command to determine the replication factor of a hdfs file  ? Please advise.

I know that "fs setrep" only changes the replication factor.

Regards,
Raj

Re: A hadoop command to determine the replication factor of a hdfs file ?

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Thank you all.

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 12:53 PM, Devin Suiter RDX <ds...@rdx.com> wrote:

Also Raj - if you're using pseudo-distributed mode, the replication factor will be 1. This is part of pseudo-distributed configuration. So if you're working on a Cloudera preconfigured machine image, for example, it's not wrong that 'hadoop fs -ls' shows all files as replicated 1 times.

Devin Suiter
Jr. Data Solutions Software Engineer
Google Voice: 412-256-8556 | www.rdx.com

Hi Raj,

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Devin Suiter RDX <ds...@rdx.com>.

Posted by Devin Suiter RDX <ds...@rdx.com>.

Posted by Devin Suiter RDX <ds...@rdx.com>.

Posted by Devin Suiter RDX <ds...@rdx.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Raj,

--
Harsh J

Re: A hadoop command to determine the replication factor of a hdfs file ?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Raj,

--
Harsh J

Re: A hadoop command to determine the replication factor of a hdfs file ?

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.
Run fsck command

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.
Run fsck command

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Raj,

--
Harsh J

Re: A hadoop command to determine the replication factor of a hdfs file ?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Raj,

--
Harsh J

Re: A hadoop command to determine the replication factor of a hdfs file ?

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.
Run fsck command

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.
Run fsck command