Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@machturtle.com> on 2000/11/07 16:45:00 UTC

Problems with BeanSerializer

Hi,

I've just set up SOAP for Java on my Apache server, and I'm having
problems with the Address Book demo application.  The Stock Quote
application works fine, but it only returns simply types, so that seems
pretty straightfowward.

In the case of Address Book, when I run the GetAddress app, I get an
error indicating that org.apache.soap.encoding.soapend.BeanSerializer
cannot be found to deserialize the returned object.  I have, however,
verified that the soap.jar file is on my class path.  I've also
double-checked the deployment of the application in the admin tool to
make sure that I keyed in the descriptor properly.

Has anyone else run into this kind of problem?  If so, can you recommend
any solutions?  Maybe this is a known problem?

Incidentally, is there a better way to deploy applications using the XML
descriptor file than to re-key all the information in the administration
screen?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
David

--
David C. Hicks
Mach Turtle Technologies,  Inc. (www.machturtle.com)

Re: Problems with BeanSerializer

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@machturtle.com>.
Thank you, Robert.  That worked like a charm.  I must've mis-keyed
something and missed it in my double-checking.

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@machturtle.com>.