Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2012/03/16 12:09:11 UTC

[VOTE] [CLOSE] Release jena-fuseki-0.2.1-incubating (RC-1)

We have a -1, on a technical, non-process, issue.

As it's one that can easily trip first time users up and is easy to fix,
I'll go ahead and fix it for RC-2.

I'll fix by putting the action on some name that is highly unlikely to
collide like /$/dataset, /$dataset or /3.1415927.  This is the smallest
change and does not impact anything except the UI -- deployments using
Fuseki as a SPARQL protocol service engine, with configuration file and
providing protocol access (no UI) are unaffected by this fix.

I don't like to do anything more than minimal fixes without backing off
for a period of time to let the develop snapshots get exercised a
little.  Getting a version system is going to be helpful to users (and
me as a user BTW); it's been a while since the last release and not only
is Fuseki radically better, but it picks up Apache Jena systems.

So release now, with minimal fixup, seems to be for the best. Feel free
to comment during the VOTE if that does not work for you; serializing
everything can end up with a long delay.

I'll cut RC-2 and start a vote ASAP.

	Andy