Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ben Hussey <be...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/25 23:37:39 UTC

[users@httpd] Rewrite Help

This is something I've been trying to do for a while but never found or
achieved how to do it.

I need to redirect (on a large scale):
http://xyz.mydomain.com
to:
/web/live/xyz

Is this possible using mod_rewrite and if so I would greatly appreciate a
starting block to work from

Thanks
Ben Hussey

Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite Help

Posted by Jeff Peng <je...@gmx.net>.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:37:39 +0100
> Von: "Ben Hussey" <be...@gmail.com>
> An: users@httpd.apache.org
> Betreff: [users@httpd] Rewrite Help

> This is something I've been trying to do for a while but never found or
> achieved how to do it.
>
> I need to redirect (on a large scale):
> http://xyz.mydomain.com
> to:
> /web/live/xyz

Simply you can use Alias or AliasMatch to do it.
For mod_rewrite usage,as Joshua said,it's better to config a virtual host with DocumentRoot /web/live/xyz,then rewrite the requests to this vhost.

Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite Help

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/25/07, Ben Hussey <be...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is something I've been trying to do for a while but never found or
> achieved how to do it.
>
> I need to redirect (on a large scale):
> http://xyz.mydomain.com
> to:
> /web/live/xyz
>
> Is this possible using mod_rewrite and if so I would greatly appreciate a
> starting block to work from

Start by reading this:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/mass.html

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Need Help [Again] w. PHP and Apache.

Posted by Steve R Burrus <bu...@swbell.net>.
In direct response back to you let me say that I am trying to install
Modules as in the "LoadModule" directive in the httpd.conf file and my OS is
: Win XP Pro.

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] REPOST: [users@httpd] Need Help [Again] w. PHP and Apache.

Posted by Craig Huffstetler <cr...@gmail.com>.
Steve,

Either way -- keep it in one thread and do not repost. Moving on to your
actual discussion and the reason you are posting....

Are you going to provide us with the operating system and what you have done
thus far? This will help us further trouble shoot the issue.

Posted by Steve R Burrus <bu...@swbell.net>.
well I am sure/certain that no one probably cares about this and I doubt
that I will get a response, but I just wanted to say that I finally got it
right with the PHP-Apache Server integration!!!

Posted by Dragon <dr...@crimson-dragon.com>.
On Mon, August 27, 2007 16:20, Steve R Burrus wrote:
> All that I have tried to do was to integrate the PHP scripting language
> with
> the Apache Server, i.e., be able to view PHP files with the help of
> Apache.
> And my OS is Win XP Pro.

Please stop top-posting and trim your posts. It's rude and shows that you
do not care about clear communication. If you don't understand why, go
here and read this: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html

And also see this: http://www.river.com/users/share/etiquette/

If you are unable or unwilling to answer the qustions you have been asked
by other list members in an attempt to help you, then nobody here is going
to be willing or able to help you. Nobody can diagnose your problem
without relevant information.

Frankly, enabling PHP support on Windows is trivial and is fully
documented on the PHP web site at http://www.php.net/ in 23 different
languages. If you had done a search for "PHP installation windows" on
Google you would have found the page you need as the first page returned.

Follow the documentation link on the top of the PHP home page to get to
the installation procedure. Then RTFM. Be sure you use the correct DLL
file for the version of Apache you are using. This too is fully documented
on the PHP site.

Re: [users@httpd] REPOST: [users@httpd] Need Help [Again] w. PHP and Apache.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:20:57 -0500
"Steve R Burrus" <bu...@swbell.net> wrote:

> All that I have tried to do was to integrate the PHP scripting
> language with the Apache Server, i.e., be able to view PHP files with
> the help of Apache. And my OS is Win XP Pro.

If you're a geek, you ask meaningful questions here when you have
problems with your install.

Since you're evidently not, you should just install a pre-packaged
version such as provided by xampp or apachelounge.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/

Re: [users@httpd] REPOST: [users@httpd] Need Help [Again] w. PHP and Apache.

Posted by Steve R Burrus <bu...@swbell.net>.

Posted by Dragon <dr...@crimson-dragon.com>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig Huffstetler <cr...@gmail.com>.
Can you please provide us with your operating system information and what
you have done thus far to attempt to correct this?

Posted by Jeff Peng <je...@gmx.net>.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:56:09 -0500
>

>   Hi all. I need help ( again ) with trying to integrate PHP with the
> Apache Web Server. I don't know how many times before I have had to seek
> assistance with doing this, but I still DO NOT know how to let's say easily do
> this!! I am working with PHP Version : 5.2.4.4 and the Apache Version :
> 2.2.4.

Hmm,have you checked the message I've replied few days ago.
Just try a google you would find lots of useful info.

[snip]
This is really depend on what OS you are using.
I got the help documents just by google.

1)Installing Apache PHP and MySQL on windows:
http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/install-apache-php-mysql.php

2)how to install/compile Apache2, PHP5 and MySQL 4.1 on Linux:
http://www.kofler.cc/forum/forumthread.php?rootID=3571
[/snip]

[users@httpd] REPOST: [users@httpd] Need Help [Again] w. PHP and Apache.

Posted by Steve R Burrus <bu...@swbell.net>.
  Hi all. I need help ( again ) with trying to integrate PHP with the Apache Web Server. I don't know how many times before I have had to seek assistance with doing this, but I still DO NOT know how to let's say easily do this!! I am working with PHP Version : 5.2.4.4 and the Apache Version : 2.2.4.

Re: [users@httpd] Need Help [Again] w. PHP and Apache.

Posted by Jeff Peng <je...@gmx.net>.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Posted by Steve R Burrus <bu...@swbell.net>.