Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Inifok Song <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/28 16:09:16 UTC

How to deal with SocketTimeoutException?

Hi all,

In my cluster, reduce tasks often throw SocketTimeoutException when there
are a lot of tasks. The critical log is below

at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask$ReduceCopier$MapOutputCopier.getInputStream(ReduceTask.java:1357)

at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask$ReduceCopier$MapOutputCopier.getMapOutput(ReduceTask.java:1293)

at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask$ReduceCopier$MapOutputCopier.copyOutput(ReduceTask.java:1196)

So I think it may be caused by jetty. How can I get jetty's settings and
modify it? Is it really caused by jetty or there are other reason? I need
your help, my friends.

Thank you.

Inifok