Posted to announcements@jakarta.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2002/07/13 04:37:25 UTC

Monday Night: Free POI, lots of Pizza, And all the info you can take in one night about POI and the Cocoon HSSF Serializer!

http://www.trijug.org/ -

Monday night, if you're not doing too much and you live on the US East
coast, why not come on down (or up to North Carolina),
we'll have lots of nutritious Hawaiian poi!  We'll have pizza, pop as
well for those of you who are not into eating mushed tarro root.

We'll go over the POI project, how to use it, what it is, etc.  We'll
tackle some basics of Cocoon (as applies to using the HSSF Serializer
and reporting), and I'll answer lots of questions.

We should have some great information sources on hand.  You'll have me
(your humble poi-servant), Marc Johnson (who won't come on stage but you
might be able to corner him before or afterwards) and author of an
upcoming book, Conrad D'Cruz, who can talk to you in more detail about
Cocoon, life, the universe and everything.

Hope to see anyone who can make it!

-Andy

Re: Monday Night: Free POI, lots of Pizza, And all the info you can takein one night about POI and the Cocoon HSSF Serializer!

Posted by "Conrad F. D'Cruz" <co...@netswirl.com>.
... and I want to add to the attractions for this meeting.  .... Of course
a distant second to some home made POI from Hawaii ;-)   ALHOA!!!!!!!
Andy ... you go boy!!!!!!

Publisher Sybex has sent me a bunch of their new releases
for door prizes.  I just got the box tonight and will be bringing
them to the meeting.

The two titles I can remember are ... XSLT programming and
Programming SOAP with Java.

I can provide a detailed list tomorrow if anyone is interested.
If not .. just show up .. draw a number and win one of
the hottest titles on the shelves these days.

Good luck to all.

Conrad
PS: http://www.netswirl.com/publications.htm for details on the Cocoon 2
book.
Andy and I are planning a two part presentation on Cocoon 2 in October
but will introduce it at the July Tri JUG meeting.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Wow Hong Kong!

Well we actually sent this out to a number of Jakarta lists and Cocoon.
 We tend to get some folks driving up and down the
coast to attend some TriJug meetings.  Yup Raleigh-Durham,  long swim
from Hong Kong :-)

-Andy