Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Pete Carapetyan <pe...@datafundamentals.com> on 2010/12/15 20:30:53 UTC

Error creating connection on 0.8

Hi I've never used qpid before so I'm attempting to run the java
examples. My broker says it is running fine, and I can fire up the
examples fine from either from within my IDE or with the example
script, but either way I am getting this when I fire up the Hello
client example.

javax.jms.JMSException: Error creating connection: Connection refused: connect

There is a file hello.properties which has this in it. Should I be
changing this? Or should I be changing any of the files that the
broker starts up with?

connectionfactory.qpidConnectionfactory =
amqp://guest:guest@clientid/test?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'

Thanks

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Error creating connection on 0.8

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@wso2.com>.
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 5:45 AM, Pete Carapetyan
<pe...@datafundamentals.com>wrote:

> Still not sure what this means from the java side. Suggestions?

Can you try telnet and see if actually a server socket is listening on the
port ?

Rajika

Posted by Pete Carapetyan <pe...@datafundamentals.com>.
Following up on this - in case it helps someone else with a similar
lack of network skills to my own:

Windoze boxes do not always resolve localhost to 127.0.0.1 in their
virgin state. So the connection factory constructor of
"amqp://guest:guest@clientid/test?brokerlist='tcp://127.0.0.1:5672'"
may work where "amqp://guest:guest@clientid/test?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'"
may not.

This does not seem to be very consistent, but a telnet session to each
of 127.0.0.1:5672 and localhost:5672 can help you define the problem
if you think you might be suffering from this malady. Myself I'm
pretty lame at all things network related so it took me much longer to
figure this out than it should have.

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Pete Carapetyan

Posted by Pete Carapetyan <pe...@datafundamentals.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pete,

Can you elaborate on which broker you are using, any config changes
you have made, the exact commands you are using to start the broker
and run the example etc? I used the Hello example during the release
process so im fairly sure it should be working ok.

Robbie

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Are you referring to qpid-2979? Not sure what you're asking...

-Steve

Posted by Pete Carapetyan <pe...@datafundamentals.com>.

Posted by Adam Kaminiecki <ad...@dgt.com.pl>.
ok will try to turn on trace

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Adam,

Posted by Adam Kaminiecki <ad...@dgt.com.pl>.
Hi,

I have little simillar problem with qpid 0.8

I'm using C# client

connections = new Client();

                 connections.ExceptionRaised += ConnectionsExceptionRaised;
                 connections.ConnectionLost += ConnectionsConnectionLost;
                 connections.Connect(host, port, "", "guest", "guest");

but I'm getting an error

  {"Server Closed the connection: Reason connection-forced: Unsupported
mechanism"}

Can anybody help me with??

Regards,
Adam