Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Radoslaw Zielinski <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/25 15:55:11 UTC

[ANN] Spamd with Apache as a backend

Hello,

For the brave among you, beta version of Apache module implementing
spamd is ready for testing.  Early benchmarks show almost 50% increase
in performance.

It's not production ready yet (see documentation for various TODOs),
but... if *you* won't test it, it never will. ;-)

http://issues.apache.org/SpamAssassin/attachment.cgi?id=3610&action=view

Package follows standard CPAN installation procedure:
  perl Makefile.PL
  make
  make test
  su -c "make install"

I don't recommend running tests as root.  If tests fail (and they will,
if httpd and apxs are not in your PATH), see perldoc apache-spamd.pl for
hints.

Example usage (before make install):

  mkdir logs

  perl -Ilib bin/apache-spamd.pl \
    --httpd-directive "PerlSwitches -I$PWD/lib" \
    --apxs /usr/sbin/apxs --httpd-path /usr/sbin/httpd.prefork \
    --nouser-config --pidfile test.pid --port 33333 -k start

  echo foo | spamc -p 33333

  perl -Ilib bin/apache-spamd.pl \
    --httpd-path /usr/sbin/httpd.prefork \
    --pidfile test.pid -k stop

After make install it should be less hackish:

  apache-spamd.pl --pidfile test.pid --port 33333 -k start

--
Radosław Zieliński <ra...@pld-linux.org>