Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by hu...@zte.com.cn on 2017/04/20 00:31:22 UTC

Questions about the read and write speed of solr

SGkgLCBhbGwNCg0KICAgICBXaGF0IGlzIHRoZSBzcGVlZCBvZiByZWFkaW5nIGFuZCB3cml0aW5n
IGFib3V0IHNvbHI/DQoNCiAgICBDYW4gc29tZW9uZSBnaXZlIG1lIHNvbWUgZGF0YSBvZiBQZXJm
b3JtYW5jZT8NCg0KDQoNCg0KVGhhbmtzLA0KDQpodSB4aWFvZG9uZy4=

Re: Questions about the read and write speed of solr

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 4/19/2017 6:31 PM, hu.xiaodong@zte.com.cn wrote:
> What is the speed of reading and writing about solr?
>     Can someone give me some data of Performance?

This question is too vague to answer.  What exactly are you wanting to
read and write?

Even if you ask a more detailed question, the answer is probably going
to be "it depends."  Performance depends on a lot of things -- the
hardware, the nature of the documents you're storing in Solr, how many
of those documents there are, the nature of the queries you're making,
and other things I haven't thought of right now.

A related but not precisely applicable discussion:

https://lucidworks.com/sizing-hardware-in-the-abstract-why-we-dont-have-a-definitive-answer/

Thanks,
Shawn