Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com> on 2006/04/04 23:13:08 UTC

sa-learn & Lotus Notes

There have been numerous threads on how to have end users drop
misclassified mail to spam/ham folders in Exchange, but I don't recall
seeing any mention of a way of doing this with Notes.

Is anyone doing this with Notes that would care to share the secret?

Thanks
Andy

Re: sa-learn & Lotus Notes

Posted by Jo <ml...@winfix.it>.
Andy Jezierski schreef:

> There have been numerous threads on how to have end users drop
> misclassified mail to spam/ham folders in Exchange, but I don't recall
> seeing any mention of a way of doing this with Notes.
>
> Is anyone doing this with Notes that would care to share the secret?
>
> Thanks
> Andy
Hi Andy,

Our Notes admin created two extra mail boxes one for ham, one for spam
and some buttons to copy messages to them when users click a button. Our
setup is one site wide bayes DB. The Notes server also allows POP3
access to these two mailboxes. On the Linux box where SA runs I retrieve
these mails with kmail (manually) and then I run sa-learn on those mail
boxes.
Notes uses its own format internally, but by retrieving it like this
over POP3 or IMAP its trivial to get the messages into mbox format again.

Jo

Re: sa-learn & Lotus Notes

Posted by Paolo Cravero as2594 <pc...@as2594.net>.
Andy Jezierski wrote:

> There have been numerous threads on how to have end users drop
> misclassified mail to spam/ham folders in Exchange, but I don't recall
> seeing any mention of a way of doing this with Notes.

Although we don't let users train Bayes, Lotus client and server from
version 5 and above support IMAP, both as a client and as a server.

When I need to extract a message from a LN mailbox I open an IMAP
mailbox and copy it there. Or, the other way around, I access my LN
mailbox via IMAP.

Don't know if LN supports shared IMAP folders, or proxy authentication.
But this need depends if you're training shared Bayes or per-user.

Paolo

Antwort: sa-learn & Lotus Notes

Posted by sr...@abit.de.
Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com> schrieb am 04.04.2006 23:13:08:

> There have been numerous threads on how to have end users drop
> misclassified mail to spam/ham folders in Exchange, but I don't recall
> seeing any mention of a way of doing this with Notes.
>
> Is anyone doing this with Notes that would care to share the secret?

I've implemented a side-wide sa-learn - but not user-specific as
the Notes network is most of the time not really compatible with
the smtp network you see from outside.

We have the following scenario:

            MX01<--loadbalancing-smtp-relays-->MX02
                          |                  |
                        NSEXT2<------>NSEXT3
                            \             /
---------DMZ-crossing-here-----DMZ-crossing-here--------
                                \       /
                                NSSPOKE
                                /    \\\\\\\\
                          NSAPP1        numerous other Notes server
                                |               |       |       |       |
                        <---Notes-clients-----Notes-clients---->

NSAPP1 hosts 2 DBs: SPAM.nsf and HAM.nsf
Enduser have a manual agent (java) coded by me which copies SPAM/HAM
to the DBs on NSAPP1 (Endusers only have write-access, but not read for
privacy reasons of delivered HAM mail).
NSSPOKE (the central server) pulls the DBs from NSAPP1.
NSSPOKE pushes the DBs to NSEXT2/3
The DBs on NSEXT2/3 have pop3 single-enabled with a special user
assigned to them.
MX01/02 are RHES4 running SA with exim.
The MX01/02 pull the messages from NSEXT2/3 via a fetchmail --invisible
(full fetch) keeping all mail on the server for consistency.
sa-learn forgets all bayes, learns the mails from the SPAM.nsf, learns
the mails from HAM.nsf.
Done.

This system might be possible to expand to user-specific bayes, but
this is unwanted in our case.

regards
        Sascha

--
Sascha Runschke
Netzwerk Administration

ABIT AG
Robert-Bosch-Str. 1
40668 Meerbusch

Tel.:+49 (0) 2150.9153.226
Mobil:+49 (0) 173.5419665
mailto:SRunschke@abit.de

http://www.abit.net
http://www.abit-epos.net
---------------------------------
Sicherheitshinweis zur E-Mail Kommunikation /
  Security note regarding email communication:
http://www.abit.net/sicherheitshinweis.html

Antwort: sa-learn & Lotus Notes

Posted by Nico Prenzel <ni...@pn-systeme.de>.
Hello Andy,

we've been already in contact the last year. But after I've sent you a
test version of my DomSpamC/DSCLearner, I haven't heart anything from you.

Pherhaps you'll take a fresh look at my newest DSCLearner. It allows
user-based and site-wide bayesian training. It runs as Lotus Domino task.
The training could be done from Lotus Notes client and Web Access
(iNotes). The configuration is harmlessly. But it won't be for free! (I've
no pricing done until now, but it won't be high)

Lotus Notes client integration:
http://prenzel.dyndns.org/Anwendungen/Internet/Bulletin/DominoBulletin.nsf/(Uploads)/NZPN-6NKDQE/$File/Client-Integration.jpg

Web Access integration:
http://prenzel.dyndns.org/Anwendungen/Internet/Bulletin/DominoBulletin.nsf/(Uploads)/NZPN-696BNH/$File/DSCLearner-WebAccess.jpg