Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2003/04/03 21:56:03 UTC

PMD plugin now in Maven CVS

Hi,

Following Siegried's acceptance to move the PMD plugin from SourceForge
to the Maven CVS and following Maven committer's acceptation, I have
performed the move. I have started updating the plugin's POM.

ATM, the plugin is probably not working yet (I haven't tried it). I'll
try to make it work in the coming few days. Help is also most welcome of
course! :-)

Note: Jason has proposed to move the PMD plugin to a new location for
Maven plugins. I agree with this. I have simply committed it to the
Maven CVS while waiting for this new location (and for a mechanism to
automatically download plugins not provided in the Maven distribution or
any other mechanism to make the "external" plugins available as easily
as the current "core" ones).

Thanks
-Vincent

Re: PMD plugin now in Maven CVS

Posted by Fabian Ritzmann <fr...@frends.com>.
Vincent Massol wrote:

> Everything is now working (with PMD 1.04). I have fixed this in Maven
> CVS. Give it a try!

Indeed, works beautifully. Thanks! IMHO, this should become part of the
core reports.

Fabian

RE: PMD plugin now in Maven CVS

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Fabian,

Posted by Fabian Ritzmann <fr...@frends.com>.
Martin Poeschl wrote:

> what's the problem with the current code??

Was that code released?

> i updated it to work with maven-b8 some weeks ago

This is what I had posted to the Maven users mailing list one week ago.
BTW, did anybody notice that the Maven mailing lists have not been
archived since the end of February? The last thing that's in the
archives is a warning by ezmlm.

Here is the post:

I had originally posted this to the maven-plugins mailing list but that
list seems to be dead. Sorry if you get this twice:

I tried to run the pmd plugin 0.5 with PMD 1.04 and a three week old
version of Maven from CVS and failed miserably. I ran into all sorts of
class loading issues. I managed to work around some of them by stating
dependencies in the plugin project.xml, copying libraries to my local
maven repository, and adding explicit classpath entries to the
plugin.jelly. But it still doesn't run and I'm sure I wasn't supposed to

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

It's now working with Maven b9 from head. I can tell you I had to do
quite a few changes ;-)

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.