Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Deepa Remesh <dr...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/18 17:59:43 UTC

Broken links in Client Spec

The links under 'Contents' in
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/DerbyClientSpec.html are broken.
Specifically, I was looking for ClientDataSource tracing examples and
could not find it.
It would be helpful to make this information available.

Thanks,
Deepa

Re: Broken links in Client Spec

Posted by Deepa Remesh <dr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jean for fixing this. The information I was looking for is on
the web site now.

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Deepa Remesh wrote:
> The links under 'Contents' in
> http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/DerbyClientSpec.html are broken.
> Specifically, I was looking for ClientDataSource tracing examples and
> could not find it.
> It would be helpful to make this information available.

I (think I) fixed the problem in revision 328437, which will be live on
the web site in an hour or so.

The html source for this doc had <h4> sections inside <h2> sections --
forrest doesn't like skipping header levels, so left out all that
content. I changed the <h4> tags to <h3> and that content is now
visible. The doc still has a few problems; for example, clicking on the
"Data Source properties" link in the table of contents doesn't go
anywhere. But rather than debug the format of this dog, I'd rather see
the good info moved into the user docs since the feature is now in 10.1.

  -jean