Tell which reduce task run which partition

Hi,

Is there a way to tell which Reduce tasks will run which partition? E.g,
I want that reduce task 00000 will read partition 0, reduce task 00001
will read partition 1, etc...

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Unsubscribe

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Unsubscribe

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Unsubscribe

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Unsubscribe

Posted by Cnewtonne <cn...@gmail.com>.

Unsubscribe

Posted by Cnewtonne <cn...@gmail.com>.

Unsubscribe

Posted by Cnewtonne <cn...@gmail.com>.

Unsubscribe

Posted by Cnewtonne <cn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tell which reduce task run which partition

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Your example is the reality case. The reducer ID matches its partition
integer.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 5:14 PM, xeonmailinglist-gmail <
xeonmailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to tell which Reduce tasks will run which partition? E.g, I
> want that reduce task 00000 will read partition 0, reduce task 00001 will
> read partition 1, etc...

Harsh J

Re: Tell which reduce task run which partition

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Your example is the reality case. The reducer ID matches its partition
integer.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 5:14 PM, xeonmailinglist-gmail <
xeonmailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to tell which Reduce tasks will run which partition? E.g, I
> want that reduce task 00000 will read partition 0, reduce task 00001 will
> read partition 1, etc...

Harsh J

Re: Tell which reduce task run which partition

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Your example is the reality case. The reducer ID matches its partition
integer.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 5:14 PM, xeonmailinglist-gmail <
xeonmailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to tell which Reduce tasks will run which partition? E.g, I
> want that reduce task 00000 will read partition 0, reduce task 00001 will
> read partition 1, etc...

Harsh J

Re: Tell which reduce task run which partition

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Your example is the reality case. The reducer ID matches its partition
integer.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 5:14 PM, xeonmailinglist-gmail <
xeonmailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to tell which Reduce tasks will run which partition? E.g, I
> want that reduce task 00000 will read partition 0, reduce task 00001 will
> read partition 1, etc...

Harsh J