Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "McCaig, Rhys" <Rh...@comcast.com> on 2018/05/15 21:19:47 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL] Kafka Connect: New Kafka Source Connector

Hi Team,

Would someone be able to provide me with Confluence permission in order to write a KIP for the below code.

User: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/~mccaig

Cheers,
Rhys

On May 11, 2018, at 4:45 PM, McCaig, Rhys <Rh...@comcast.com>> wrote:

Hi there,

Over at Comcast we just open sourced a Kafka source connector for Kafka Connect. (https://github.com/Comcast/MirrorTool-for-Kafka-Connect) We’ve used this as an alternative to MirrorMaker on a couple of projects.
While discussing open sourcing the project, we realized that the functionality is similar to a connector that was suggested in the original Kafka Connect KIP (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=58851767#KIP-26-AddKafkaConnectframeworkfordataimport/export-MirrorMaker).

Given this - we we’re wondering if there would be interest from the Kafka community in adopting the connector into the main Kafka codebase. We’d be more than happy to donate the code and help get it integrated.

Cheers,
Rhys McCaig

Re: [EXTERNAL] Kafka Connect: New Kafka Source Connector

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
Sorry for the delay, didn't see this until now. I've given you edit
permissions on the wiki.

-Ewen