Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by "Mullane, Sean *HS" <SP...@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu> on 2016/06/24 21:03:57 UTC

update on temporal relations

There was some mention previously (June 2015, I think) on the mailing list about the next release of cTAKES including improved temporal relation extraction. Can anyone share information about what improvements or new features will be included and when the release is expected?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: update on temporal relations

Posted by "Miller, Timothy" <Ti...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Glad you enjoyed it! Unfortunately a paper whose takeaway message is "existing simple models work well on this new task" is not as easy to get published (and usually does not make as big a splash) as the "cool complex model obtains 0.5 F1 improvement" paper.

Tim

________________________________
Posted by buddha <bu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Tim,

I live for papers that include a variant of your phrase "First, it is very interesting that the best per- forming systems are the simplest and fastest. Despite the theoretical advantages of the con- ditional random field’s global sequence opti- mization, the BIO approaches using local clas- sifiers typically obtain the best performance."
 I really enjoyed the paper!

~~~~~

Posted by "Miller, Timothy" <Ti...@childrens.harvard.edu>.

Posted by "Mullane, Sean *HS" <SP...@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu>.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Also if folks are interested I have had a lot of luck with GROBID
in collaborative work with P. Lopez (http://github.com/kermit2/grobid/).
Would be happy to talk more.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
Director, Information Retrieval and Data Science Group (IRDS)
WWW: http://irds.usc.edu/