Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sharmila Renganathan <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/23 17:38:57 UTC

Need help: My request is failing with 'Request Timeout' but for the same request i get the right response in Webload.

Hi ,

My http request is getting failed with the

Response code: 408
Response message: Request Timeout

When i send the same request in Webload with the same values, am getting
the proper response.
I am using a value which is extracted from the previous request's response
using regular expression extractor.
I cross-checked the value sent as input to the request.It is the same as
what i got in the previous request's response.

Can some one give idea on why this would be failing?

Regards,
Sharmila R

Re: Need help: My request is failing with 'Request Timeout' but for the same request i get the right response in Webload.

Posted by Anthony Johnson <an...@gmail.com>.
To further Sebb's response... If you don't see any differences in the
tool then you can use wireshark and packet capture.  A right-click
option in that tool to "Follow TCP Stream" will show you the http
request and response once you have it captured.

I'm sure other people have different tricks as well.  A Request
timeout seems pretty basic such as a wrong address or a proxy being
used on one machine and not the other.

Good luck.

Posted by sharmila Renganathan <sh...@gmail.com>.
Its a post request.
I mean to say i pass the same parameter for both jmeter and the webload.
Whats that non-SSL interface . how to verify it in jmeter?
What are the other tricks that you are talking about?

Regards,
Sharmila R

Posted by Anthony Johnson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sharmila Renganathan <sh...@gmail.com>.