Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com> on 2004/10/07 00:50:59 UTC

Value of hidden field from ApplicationResources.properties?

I have what must be the world's simplest form... it has a text field and a
button:

    <fmt:message key="label.associationId"/>: <br/>
      <fmt:message key="button.validate"/>

It works great if the user clicks the button... not so great if he presses
enter, which submits the form without the value of nextStep coming through.

So I thought to put a hidden field in the form and just ignore the button
entirely.  But I can't seem to get the value of the hidden field to come
from ApplicationResources.properties.  I tried to do it like the submit
button, but <html-el:hidden> *must* be an empty tag.  None of the possible
attributes seem to do it.

Am I missing something?  Otherwise I have to hardcode it...

--
Wendy Smoak

Re: Value of hidden field from ApplicationResources.properties?

Posted by Jeff Beal <jb...@webmedx.com>.
I'd just use <input type="hidden" name="nextStep" value="<fmt:message
key='button.validate'/>">.