Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by bravegag <br...@hotmail.com> on 2009/10/20 15:50:01 UTC

creating custom Limit Strategy

Hello,

I need a variant of the existing constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy that
extends it in functionality so it would not only discard messages but also
"let the publisher know" that the message has been discarded. This I can do
by replying to the replyTo queue assumed to be contained in the message
itself. This is specially useful for Topic MessageProducers that are
synchronous and waiting for a confirmation.

So to summarize this custom strategy will:
- Extend constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy
- send a null/discarded message signal back if there is a queue in the
replyTo field of the message.

Is there a guide how to create and integrate custom strategies?

Many thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Giovanni